Ausschreibung: Student Assistant – Communications and Digital
Student Assistant – Communications and Digital
- Up to 12 months contract, anticipated to December 2022 (“Werkstudenten-Vertrag”)
- Part time: 20 hours per week, flexible
- Berlin (at least 1 office day per week, remote work possible on other working days)
Mission East Deutschland eV is looking for a person to manage and maintain our external communication via social media networks, website and other channels, including preparing campaigns. Assisting with administrative and communications tasks of the Berlin office will also be necessary to ensure a smooth working flow and good supporter engagement.
Mission East was founded in Denmark in 1991 and is an international emergency aid and development organization working in crisis-hit countries in the former Soviet Union, the Middle East and Asia. We provide both acute emergency aid and long-term development cooperation. Mission East works for people in need and helps local communities lift themselves out of poverty and marginalization. We work directly with our beneficiaries or through local and international partners. We constantly strive to strengthen the relevance, impact and sustainability of our programs. More information on Mission East can be found via: https://missioneast.org .
Mission East Deutschland eV was founded in 2013 as part of a partnership agreement between Mission East and Mission East Germany. As sister organizations with a common organizational ethos and common values, this important partnership agreement forms the formal basis on which Mission East acts as an implementation partner for German funding projects. More information about Mission East Deutschland is available via: https://missioneast.de/ .
For the Berlin office, Mission East Deutschland e.V is looking for a part-time student assistant, ideally commencing from 01.01.2022 to join a small but motivated team in a vibrant international organisation.
Key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- MED website: updating/maintenance
- Google Ad Grants, SEO/SEA: updating/maintenance
- Preparation of campaign materials (newsletter development, press material, texts for the website, print, etc.)
- Support communication with MED private donors and other supportive groups (thank-you letters, follow-ups, etc.)
- Research and editing of picture and video material and making use of this material in external communication
- Exchange with ME Copenhagen Fundraising and Communications Team
Management of Social Media channels
- Analytics of social media and strategy development
- Preparation of social media content
- Management of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter Account
- Communication with followers and supporters
- Implementation of MED campaigns in social media channels
- Support in the daily office work (translations, note-taking, etc.)
- Maintenance of the donor database
- Cover for non-financials tasks of the Office Manager as needed and directed
- Other tasks as may be reasonably requested
- Special projects as needed and delegated by the General Manager or Office Manager
The successful candidate will bring:
- First-hand and proven experience and competence in the independent handling of named social media channels for associations or small / mid-sized enterprises
- Demonstrable experience and competence in communicating with supporters and donors
- Excellent spoken and written German language skills; fluency in spoken and written English.
- Comprehensive computer skills Microsoft Office applications, graphic applications (InDesign desired), CMS (drupal desired), Google Analytics & Google Ad’s (desired)
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate:
- Sympathy to Mission East organisational values
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minor oversight
- High degree of trustworthiness and creativity
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and solution oriented ways of working
- Willingness to travel inside Europe as required (within Germany and occasionally to ME offices in Copenhagen and Brussels)
- For employment as a Student Assistant, enrolment at university is required.
- This role is based in Germany. The successful candidate will be required to provide evidence that they are entitled to live and work in Germany.
- Professional references will be required.
- All Mission East employees are required to sign and adhere to the Mission East Code of Conduct.
- Mission East upholds high standards in all aspects of Safeguarding. In view of the nature of this role potentially requiring involvement with vulnerable individuals (including situations where there are potential imbalances of power), you will be required to provide both a self-certification and formal certificate of good conduct.
- Mission East upholds high standards in Counter Terrorism (COTER) and sanctions regulation compliance. In view of this role’s potential travel to and remote involvement with our field offices, Mission East will conduct a thorough pre-employment background check of successful candidates, including checking through the SDN sanctions lists.
- A meaningful role in a growing, international organization
- Participation in a highly motivated, international team with flat hierarchies
- 30 days of annual leave (full-time)
- Flexibility and opportunity to work from home
The position is expected to be limited to the end of December 2022.
Subject to continued funding, contract extension possible and desired.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible by forwarding cover letter and CV and not later than 5th december 2021.
- Please submit a cover letter in English; the curriculum vitae can be written in German.
- Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the keyword “Student Assistant”.
- The selection interviews will take place in early December.
We look forward to receiving your application!